As part of an ongoing effort to help our neighbors affected by Hurricane Harvey, BakerRipley has partnered with the City of Houston and Harris County to offer long-term disaster recovery support and services at BakerRipley community centers as part of the Neighborhood Restoration Program.
Through these Restoration Centers, residents who visit BakerRipley community Centers will be able to obtain information for long term disaster recovery, referrals, workshops and other special events as well as direct assistance services. The City of Houston will also provide support at all the BakerRipley centers.
The centers will have the following common elements in the areas of support:
1) Outreach, Engagement, and Assessment
2) Disaster Recovery Information and Resources
3) Workshops & Special Events
4) Direct Assistance Services (provided by a number of partners)
These resources are available at 3 BakerRipley community centers located in Gulfton, Pasadena, Greater Hobby area as well as via BakerRipley Good to Go mobile community center bus stationed in different locations in Greenspoint, East Aldine and Edgebrook.
Residents can access any of the BakerRipley Restoration Centers during hours of operation listed below.
Residents are encouraged to arrive early as each center has limited capacity for immediate needs during the hours of operation.
BakerRipley – Gulfton
• Every Tuesday and Thursday from 10 am to 1 pm
• 6500 Rookin Houston, Bldg B TX 77074
HarbachRipley (Golfcrest / Bellfort / Reveille, Greater Hobby Neighborhood)
• Every Tuesday from 10-2 pm and Thursday from 2-6 pm
• 6225 Northdale St, Houston TX 77087
Pasadena at Cleveland Ripley
• Every Tuesday 12pm to 4pm and Thursday from 9 am to 1 pm
• 720 Fairmont Pkwy, Pasadena, TX 77504
• Every Tuesday and Thursday 10am to -1pm
• 3308 Aldine Mail Rd Suite C Houston, TX 77039
Greenspoint (served via mobile bus in the Teloloapan Meat Market)
• Friday 10am -2 pm
• 159 Aldine Bender Rd Houston TX 77060
Edgebrook (served via the Saint Frances Cabrini Catholic Church)
• Open Tuesday and Friday from 9 am to 1 pm
• 10727 Hartsook St, Houston, TX 77034
BakerRipley has worked in Houston communities for more than 110 years, and has a long-standing relationship with residents in the neighborhoods we serve. Shortly after hurricane Harvey, we began providing direct recovery assistance at all 5 of our community centers. At the centers, Houstonians have received hygiene kits, clothes, food, and cleaning supplies as well as information and referrals to resources available. Our support for long-term disaster recovery models our unique approach to community development, and will connect our neighbors to the resources they need as well as establish plans for resiliency of the neighborhood.